1/2 Photos of Mustard and Herb Crusted Lamb Rack
The Flying Chef's Note:
Moist lamb racks encrusted with mustard and herbs. Served on a bed of parsnip mash
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 racks of lamb (4 cutlets each)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1For the racks.
- 2Trim any excess fat off of the Lamb and set to one side.
- 3Combine all the chopped herbs in a bowl with both of the bread crumbs, Take each lamb rack and spread about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each. This may be a little more or less depending on how big the individual racks are. You want enough to completely coat. Then press the herb mixture onto mustard, again coat completely.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 200c. Place lamb in baking dish on a wire rack drizzle a little olive oil over racks and cook for 25-30mins. Remove lamb from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 5The lamb will be pink inside if you prefer your lamb a little more well done just cook for longer.I like my lamb meat pink, so if the crust is not golden or crisp enough, I just turn on the grill to brown the crust off rather than cook for longer and end up with over cooked meat.
- 6For the Parsnip mash.
- 7Peel and chop parsnips into small chunks. I tend to take a little of the core off as this is a little more bitter than the rest of the veg but it is not necessary. Put chopped parsnip in pan and cover with milk cook simmering until tender then drain.
- 8Blend or process parsnip adding butter, mustard and cream until smooth. I have listed 1/4 cup of cream this can vary depending on size of parsnip used, so add more or less as needed. Also depending on what brand of mustard you use will depened on the quantaty you use. I buy a really good brand from france and it has a good flavour without being overpoweriing. Some dijons can be quite strong so if the brand you buy is strong I would recommend using less as this will overpower the yummy natural flavour of the parsnip.
- 9To serve place mound of mash in the middle of the plate place rack on top and drizzle red wine gravy around the plate.
- 10For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard and Herb Crusted Lamb Rack
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 257.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks of lamb