Recipe by Oolala
I think I got this from the NY Times Magazine. The note says that this veal can be oven roasted or grilled and served at room temperature, hot or cold.
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) boned veal loin, rolled and tied
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, wilted
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together mustard, curry and pepper and rub this mixture all over the veal and let stand until the meat comes to room temperature, 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the veal into a large roasting pan and bake for 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes so that the outside of the roast sears.
- Let stand 10 minutes and remove the string.
- Slice the veal and place the slices on a platter, surrounded with wilted spinach, and serve cutting more slices as needed or allow guests to cut their own slices.