Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These turn out crusty and delicious. A wonderful side for grilled meats.
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- coarse kosher salt
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-2-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring vinegar and mustard seeds to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer until almost dry, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.Add Dijon mustard and coriander. Season with coarse salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; add water to cover by 1"; sprinkle with coarse salt. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Cook over medium high heat until dry, shaking pan occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 6 tablespoons oil over large rimmed baking sheet. Plac sheet in oven for 10 minutes to heat.
- Add potatoes to mustard mixture; toss. Spread potatoes on hot baking sheet (oil may splatter). Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes; roast until browned and tender, about 15 minutes longer. Season as needed with coarse salt and pepper and serve hot.