1/1 Photo of Mustard and Chive Sauce
The next time you bake a ham, try making this simple sauce to go with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the flour.
- 2Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard.
- 3Return the pan to the heat and gradually incorporate the milk, beating with a spoon as it comes up to a boil.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and let simmer gently, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- 5This cooks the flour and thickens the sauce.
- 6Stir in the chives, adding a touch of soup stock or water if it seems too thick.
- 7Spoon over slices of ham.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard and Chive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g