Recipe by Jen T
Easy pan fried steaks cooked low fat style.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Great sauce for the scotch fillet steaks I made! Cooked the mixture of water, brandy and mustard down for about five minutes before adding the yogurt. I sinned and used full-strength Greek yogurt -- with no regrets. Thanks Jen! Delish!
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks (in NZ I use fillet steaks about 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non stick frying pan until very hot.
- Dry fry (or brush steaks with a little oil before frying) for 2-3 minutes each side or until done to your preference.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Take pan off the heat and add the brandy, water and mustard.
- Stir well, then add in the yoghurt and season with pepper.
- Return pan to heat to warm through, then add the steaks and coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.