4 hrs 15 mins
Wonderful to serve with meat hot or cold. Don't let the ingredient's and time fool you, its so easy to make, and well worth the effort .........(well I think). I cut the Tabasco back just a little, but only because the family doesn't like things too hot. The yield and servings will depend on the size bottles/jars you use, so it will be more than likely that your yield will differ to mine. Make sure jars are well sterilised and check they have sealed properly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Leave to soak ingredients for an hour, strain and add a new lot of fresh water to cover.
- 3Leave again for 2 hours, put saucepan on heat and simmer for an hour, stirring mixture frequently, to prevent the mixture sticking to the bottom of saucepan.
- 4Add more water or wine as/if required.
- 5Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 6When cooled place in a food processor and process until roughly chopped, not pureed.
- 7Pour into sterilised bottles or jars and store in cool place for at least 1 week before using.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 359.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g