Recipe by Wendy-Bob
These sound a bit odd but are SO yummy. My family have been serving these for years at BBQs and I can't believe this hasn't already been suggested as a recipe! Anyway, give it a try and, hopefully, you'll love it as much as we do! I've said it serves 4 (2 a piece), but in my family this would only serve 2!
- 2 ripe bananas (you may need less depending on their size)
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon (it needs to be streaky)
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin the bananas, cut the ends off and slice into approximately 4 pieces (you ideally need to cut them to the approximate width of your bacon, so depending on the size of your bananas you could get more or less slices).
- Wrap each slice of banana in one piece of streaky bacon. Hold in place with a cocktail stick.
- BBQ until bacon is cooked through (we like ours well cooked so the bacon is crispy).