Recipe by Junkintrunk
the best salsa ever. We eat it with chips, or alone, or with fish or chicken or whatever! It is so yummy. Everything can be altered to personal taste. Please try it!I can't take credit though, my sister in law introduced me to it. I did make it my own by changing small things.
Top Review by loof
Very tasty and unusual salsa! I couldn't find jarred mangos so I used fresh. It seemed a bit odd to have salsa with no tomatoes but it really worked. The sweet and spicy was great on a tortilla chip; I think it would be great on grilled chicken or fish as well. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 2 large red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large sweet white onion, skinned and quartered
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) jar red pepper jelly (i use Braswells)
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 (24 ounce) jarof del monte mangoes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- I put everything into the food processor and pulse until fairly fine.
- You can pulse it to your preference.
- If you like it chunky, don't do it for too long.
- if you like it soupy, go for it.
- You can also do this manually with a knife and dice everything, but that's too much work.