1/2 Photos of Must Love Cheese! Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
This is one of the best tasting soups I ever had but it isn't for everyone. If you are one of those people who likes cheese on their cheese then this recipe is for you. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 chicken tenderloins, bite sized pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) box uncle ben's wild rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can campbell's chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 -6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Cut the tenderloins into bite size pieces then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spray a large pot with cooking spray & cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- 2Pour the broth & water in the pot then add the rice & seasoning packet. Bring to a boil then lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- 3Note: If using quick cooking rice the time will be lowered to 10 minutes.
- 4Mix the salt, pepper, & half-and-half in with the broth. Then add the Velveeta & shredded cheese to the pot. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- 5Mix the cornstarch & a small amount of water in a cup to form a running paste. Pour this into the broth, stirring until it thickens.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Must Love Cheese! Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 786.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: