This is one of the best tasting soups I ever had but it isn't for everyone. If you are one of those people who likes cheese on their cheese then this recipe is for you. ;)
- 5 -6 chicken tenderloins, bite sized pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's wild rice
- 1 (15 ounce) cancampbell's chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 -6 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut the tenderloins into bite size pieces then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spray a large pot with cooking spray & cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Pour the broth & water in the pot then add the rice & seasoning packet. Bring to a boil then lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Note: If using quick cooking rice the time will be lowered to 10 minutes.
- Mix the salt, pepper, & half-and-half in with the broth. Then add the Velveeta & shredded cheese to the pot. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Mix the cornstarch & a small amount of water in a cup to form a running paste. Pour this into the broth, stirring until it thickens.