Recipe by katie in the UP
Recipe from the Goose Berry Patch Comfort and Joy Cookbook. **UPDATE** originally recipe called for fruit to be peeled, leave the peel on for more fiber in your diet!!
Top Review by Nolan'sMom
I'm in love with this salad, I could seriously make an entire meal out of just this! I mixed my dressing in my food processor, so the onion was pretty much pureed, but the flavor gave such a nice balance to the sweetness from the sugar, and the fruit pieces. I didn't have any cashews so I used sliced almonds. Can't wait have it for lunch again tomorrow!
- 2 (5 ounce) packages romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Salad dressing:.
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, onion and salt in blender container; cover and blend well. While blender is running, add oil in a slow, steady stream; blend until thick and smooth.
- Add poppy seeds and blend an additional 10 seconds to mix.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl; toss to mix.
- Pour salad dressing over salad and toss.