Recipe by RigelBee
You know the drill.... We all get to that point where everything in the refrigerator MUST GO! Tomorrow is market day, so today I grabbed everything in the vegetable bin... What a pleasant surprise this was!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 maui sweet onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 white potato, peeled and diced
- 2⁄3 cup corn (I used frozen)
- 2⁄3 cup lentils
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 32 ounces all natural vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, bell peppers, and celery in oil in large stock pot until tender.
- Pour vegetable broth over sauteed vegetables. Add carrots, potato, corn, and lentils. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow soup to simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer another 10 minutes.