Recipe by I'mPat
Unfortunately I am the only one in the family that really loves mussels so hoping to get the chance of making this when we go on holidays and meet up with others that enjoy. From Australian Good Foods mini cookbook.
- 2 kg mussels (cleaned)
- 50 g butter (frozen and grated)
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb (50 grams)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- 1 French bread (or crusty bread to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heaat a large frying pan on high and add mussels and a splash of water, cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, removing mussels as they open and then drain; discard any that don't open).
- Preheat grill/broileer on high.
- Remove top shell from each mussel and discard and then arrange mussels on a baking tray.
- Combine butter, breadcrumbs, garlic and parsley and scatter over each mussel and cook under grill for 1 to 2 minutes until just golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.