Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mussels. Especially as a meal with really good crusty bread for dipping. This is 4 servings as an appetizer or 2 as a meal.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 907.18 g fresh mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
- crusty French bread
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter.
- Add the onions, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, parsley, and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover, and cook until the shells have opened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard any shells that do not open.
- Transfer to a large deep bowl and serve immediately. Make sure to have spoons available as this broth is good!
- Use your nice crusty french bread for dipping.
Wonderful!!! Mussels were always one of those things I only ordered when I went out to dinner, thinking they must be tough to make. Its recipes like this one that make me realize how home made can be better. Simple to make but the flavor is outstanding. I loved them! I probably cooked the mussels for about 10 minutes to get them to the texture that I like. SoozieQ! Thank you so much!