1/2 Photos of Mussels With Tomato & White Wine Sauce
Sooz Cooks's Note:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mussels. Especially as a meal with really good crusty bread for dipping. This is 4 servings as an appetizer or 2 as a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, well scrubbed and debearded
- crusty French bread
- 1In a large saute pan, melt the butter.
- 2Add the onions, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Add the wine, parsley, and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the mussels, cover, and cook until the shells have opened, about 4 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat and discard any shells that do not open.
- 7Transfer to a large deep bowl and serve immediately. Make sure to have spoons available as this broth is good!
- 8Use your nice crusty french bread for dipping.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Tomato & White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 988.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g