This recipe was in the Bon Appetit RSVP section in the October 1997 magazine. It's from The Santa Fe Cafe, Seattle, WA.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 (14 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1Melt 1/4 cup butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add tomatoes, garlic and ginger; saute until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3Mix in coconut milk, curry paste, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and salt.
- 4Simmer 4 minutes to blend flavors.
- 5Add mussels; cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open).
- 6Transfer mixture to serving bowl.
- 7Garnish with 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro.
- 8This recipe yields 6 servings as a first course.
- 9Comments: Be sure to accompany this with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the rich broth.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Thai Red Curry
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 1126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste