1/3 Photos of Mussels With Saffron Cream
adapted from gourmet 12/06, i made this tonite and loved it. very quick and easy, this makes an appy for 6-8 or a main course for me ( just kidding, sort of). serve this with lots of french bread, and with spoons for the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a heavy pot with a lid heat olive oil.
- 2add onions, saffron, salt, stirring occasionally until onions are softened, 5-10 minutes.
- 3add wine and bring to a boil.
- 4stir in cream, pepper and mussels.
- 5cook, covered, until mussels start to open, 6-8 minutes.
- 6discard any unopened mussels, then stir parsley into finished dish.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Saffron Cream
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.8
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 1764.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 55.8 g