The mussels are roasted in the oven, then served with a spicy curry sauce and garlic toasts that have been flavored with fresh basil. From my local newspaper courtesy of Rozanne Gold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cut baguette, on the bias, into 1/2 inch thin ovals.
- 3Spread on baking sheet and toast until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Cut garlic in half and rub one side of each toast; then rub with a handful of basil leaves until it is green and fragrant.
- 5Increase heat in oven to 500 degrees F.
- 6Spread mussels out on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the wine over them; roast until opened, about 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet, add pressed garlic, and cook for one minute, stirring to prevent browning.
- 8Pour chicken broth or tomato juice into the the skillet and stir in the curry paste; season with salt to taste, if needed.
- 9Transfer mussels to bowls and pour butter sauce over them; serve with basil scrubbed toasts.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels With Red Curry Garlic Broth and Basil Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 1507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste