Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great way to start a show-off type dinner. I like the little mystery that comes from the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce, from, can
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small red pepper, cut julienne
- 1 small green pepper, cut julienne
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 72 mussels, washed, and, debearded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in large wide heavy pot on medium heat.
- Add curry paste and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk; bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar and peppers. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and mussels. Cover pot with a lid and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Stir in the basil.
- Serve in warm bowls.