Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a change from steamed mussels. The garlic herb butter sauce is great with a French loaf. This can be served over pasta also.
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (or more)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley or 1 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper
- Spread mussels in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Spoon mixture over mussels.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes or until mussels open.