Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Otherwise known as Moules-Mariniere aux Fines Herbes. These mussels are in an herb-infused wine broth. One of my all time favorites! Serve with lots of crusty bread for "soppin-up" the yummy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs small mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a Dutch oven over medium low heat.
- Add shallots to pan and cook 4 min or until shallots are tender, stirring frequently.
- Increase heat to medium high and stir in wine, water, bay leaf and mussels.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 3 min or until the mussel shells open.
- Remove from heat and discard any unopened shells.
- Divide mussels evenly among 4 serving bowls leaving the juices in pan.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter to the juices and stir until melted.
- Discard the bay leaf and ladle 1/2 cup of the wine juices over each serving.