1/4 Photos of Mussels with Chili, Garlic and Basil
Adjust the heat to your own taste using more or less chilies. The two of us have this as a main dish with rice or with nice bread and a simple salad. Or serve it as part of a Thai meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs mussels, scrubbed and the beards removed
- 3 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped and preferably with root
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or coriander)
- 2 cloves garlic (or more if desired)
- 1Make a paste from the chilies, garlic and coriander using a mortar or small food processor.
- 2Stir fry this paste in a wok or frying pan with the oil for about one minute, use a pan you have a lid for and large enough to hold the mussels.
- 3Add the oyster and fish sauce, stir and then add the stock and the mussels.
- 4Cover and cook on a medium heat, or until the mussels have opened and are cooked.
- 5Taste the sauce or it needs extra fish sauce or water.
- 6Stir in the basil, arrange the mussels on a dish, discard any mussel that has not opened and pour the sauce over them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels with Chili, Garlic and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.6
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 2255.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 44.4 g