Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Sonata Bay Players cookbook submitted by Susan Pagliei.
- 3 dozen mussels, cleaned
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- In a large pot, saute garlic in the olive oil for 1 minute. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the mussels and cook until boiling.
- Add the mussels and cover the pot to simmer until mussels open, shaking pot while cooking, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and pour liquid over the mussels.