Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hubby doesn't like mussels. More for me! From 365 Low Calorie Recipes. Serve with crusty bread.
- 3 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Place mussels in a large kettle. Add onion, 2 tablespoons parsley, thyme, pepper, wine and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes, until mussels open. Stir well.
- Remove mussels with a slotted spoon. Discard any that do not open.
- Strain juices through a cheesecloth.
- Divide mussels into 4 soup bowls. Pour hot broth over.
- Top with remaining parsley and serve.