1/1 Photo of Mussels Provencale
1 hr 15 mins
This tasty dish can be served as an appetizer (for 4) or as a main course (for 2). I love to mop up the sauce with crusty bread!! The prep time includes soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash mussels in several changes of cold water; using a sharp knife, remove beards.
- 2Soak mussels for about 30 minutes in cold water containing a handful of salt& a handful of flour.
- 3This will remove any sand inside the mussels.
- 4In heavy saucepan, heat oil; saute garlic, onion& celery until soft but not brown.
- 5Add tomatoes& simmer for about 10 minutes to evaporate the remaining liquid.
- 6Add remaining ingredients (except mussels), cover& simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Just before serving, add mussels, cover& simmer for 3- 5 minutes to allow the mussels open.
- 8Discard any that don't.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 702.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 17.9 g