Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this at Gourmet Shopper an Australian store on line.Mussels in black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and sand less
- 45 ml water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
Black Bean Sauce
- 100 ml black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 chopped red chile
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch Chinese five spice powder
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, until well combined.
- Place sesame oil, pipies and water in a pan and cook until pipies start to open.
- Add sauce mix and cook until all pipies have opened.
- Add cornflour and stir until sauce has thickened, around 1 minute on high heat.
- Add coriander and shallots. Serve with rice or noodles.
this was easy to make with bottled ingredients and cooked up in less than 10 minutes. a good meal to make to use the pantry items you have on hand.i did use rice wine vinegar and added some frememnted black beans for extra flavor.