Recipe by Rita~
Found this at Gourmet Shopper an Australian store on line.Mussels in black bean sauce
Top Review by chia
this was easy to make with bottled ingredients and cooked up in less than 10 minutes. a good meal to make to use the pantry items you have on hand.i did use rice wine vinegar and added some frememnted black beans for extra flavor.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 kg mussels, cleaned and sand less
- 45 ml water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
Black Bean Sauce
- 100 ml black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 chopped red chile
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch Chinese five spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all sauce ingredients together, until well combined.
- Place sesame oil, pipies and water in a pan and cook until pipies start to open.
- Add sauce mix and cook until all pipies have opened.
- Add cornflour and stir until sauce has thickened, around 1 minute on high heat.
- Add coriander and shallots. Serve with rice or noodles.