1/3 Photos of Mussels Mariniere
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
I haven't made this yet, but I got this from the Williams-Sonoma Seafood book. I love seafood and I am planning to try this once I get a break from my exams and assignments. They suggest serving this with crusty baguette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 small leek, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 lemon, grate zest and reserve juice
- 2 lbs large black mussels, rinsed and debearded
- 1 cup dry white vermouth (can be substituted with white wine)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1In a large heavy saucepan,over medium heat, melt 2 table spoons of the butter.
- 2Add garlic, shallots, leek, thyme, lemon zest, and bay leaf. Saute until the shallots and leek are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the mussels to the pan, discarding any that do not close to the touch, and pour the vermouth or white wine over them. Cover and raise the heat to high. Cook, shaking the pan with one hand and holding the lid on with the other, until the mussels have opened, 4-5 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open. Discard the bay leaf.
- 4Turn off the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the liquid in the pan. Shake the pan gently until the butter melts. Stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle generously with pepper. Sprinkle the parsley over the mussels and shake the pan again.
- 5When serving, divide the mussels over 4 warmed deep soup bowls. Pour the pan liquid over the mussels, dividing it equally among the bowls, and serve immediately with the toasted bread for dipping into the liquid.
Nutritional Facts for Mussels Mariniere
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 662.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g