Recipe by Sonya01
Found on the internet. Postings so I can keep it to make at a later date
Top Review by Chef floWer
These were really yummy mussels, I used Australian Live Blue Mussels and alcohol free white wine, but then kept to the recipe. They were delicious, really yummy flavour. I think if I make these again I'll add chopped chilli to give it a bit of a kick. To serve I moulded steam rice in the middle of the plate, removed the mussels out of the shell and place them around the rice, the pour the juice around the mussels, topped with a mussel in it's shell. (Hubby doesn't like finger food so this is why I did this). Thank you Sonya01 for posting your recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 kg black lip mussels, debearded
- 1⁄4 cup pouring cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat, add garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently until garlic is fragrant and tomatoes have softened.
- Stir in wine and bring to the boil; simmer for 2 minutes before adding mussels to the pan. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until mussels have opened.
- Turn off heat and stir in cream, parsley and a twist of pepper.
- Spoon into large serving bowls and serve with lots of crusty bread.