Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Discard any mussels that are not tightly closed.
- Remove beard and any hair like bits from the mussels.
- Wash mussels very well, scrubbing with a hard bristle brush.
- Put mussels and 1/2 cup of water in large pot, cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the shells have opened.
- Remove mussels from water and discard any that do not open.
- Strain cooking liquid and reserve.
- Combine oil, 3 tbsp of the reserved liquid, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place mussels in half shell and arrange on a platter.
- Drizzle with sauce.