1/1 Photo of Mussels Marinara
This dish seems fancy and elegant, but it's incredibly inexpensive and easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) bag live mussels (I've found that frozen mussels work great too, though a bit more expensive)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup red wine (inexpensive jug wine is fine)
- 1 -3 garlic clove, grated or chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot cooked linguine
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- 1If using live mussels, dump into colander and rinse well.
- 2Any mussel that does not close (at least a little) when sprayed with water is no good and should be discarded.
- 3Remove any"beards" remaining.
- 4Put mussels into a heavy skillet and add tomatoes, oil, wine, garlic, and seasoning.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 6Mussels are done when the shells open up (discard any that remain shut).
- 7If using frozen mussels, cook until completely heated through.
- 8Serve over linguine with crusty bread to sop up the juice.
- 9Accompany with remaining wine and a salad.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1099.3
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 1970.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 58.1 g