Savory mussel seafood dish that has a great tasting broth for bread dipping! This can also be served over your favorite pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic (refrigerated chopped garlic, this is in addition to the garlic cloves)
- 4 ounces chicken broth (College Inn or Swanson Canned Chicken Broth)
- 3 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Combine seasonings, broth, grated cheese, olive oil, garlic & butter in a saucepan and gently heat until butter is melted.
- 3Place the mussels in a large casserole dish, and pour the butter mixture over them. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- 4Discard any mussels that do not open.
- 5Serve in soup bowls and pour garlic/butter sauce over each serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 828.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 28.0 g