1/1 Photo of Mussels in Wine and Cream
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg fresh mussels (1 bag would do for 2 hungry people)
- 2 -3 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 120 ml fresh cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- ground black pepper
- 1Put the olive oil and butter/margarine into a good sized frying pan (with a lid) and then fry, not too quickly, the chopped garlic and shallots.
- 2When the shallots and garlic are just transparent, (about two minutes), add the water, wine, bay leaf, parsley and mussels.
- 3Add ground pepper to taste and pour cream over the mussels.
- 4Cover pan with lid, over moderate to high heat.
- 5When liquid starts to steam, keep over the heat, constantly shaking the pan until all (or at least most) of the shells open.
- 6This will only take three, or four minutes.
- 7Do not overcook and avoid letting the liquid boil.
- 8You will hear the shells crack open and when most have opened, remove from heat.
- 9Too much cooking will only make them tough.
- 10Serve immediately (only the ones that opened) in bowls with plenty of sauce and crisp fresh bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels in Wine and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1417.8
- Calories from Fat 953
- Total Fat 105.9 g
- Saturated Fat 54.6 g
- Cholesterol 434.7 mg
- Sodium 1569.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 64.4 g