Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tapas by Penelope Casas
Make and share this Mussels in White Wine Sauce (Mejillones a La Marinara) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 dozen medium mussels, scrubbed, debearded, and cleansed of sand
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Heat the oil in a shallow covered casserole (will need the cover later), Spanish earthenware is recommended.
- Saute onion and garlic until the onion is wilted.
- Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add in the wine, bay leaf, lemon juice, pepper, and a little salt.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels to the sauce, cover, and cook until the mussels have opened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Great recipe! Made using fresh New Zealand Greenshell mussels, green onions, and tossed in a chopped Roma tomato from the garden, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. We sopped up the delicious juices with a crusty baguette, and found this to be a very enjoyable meal. Thank you for sharing, ratherbeswimmin'! Made for the Cooking with Spirits April 2009 Event in the Cooking Photos Forum.