Recipe by Chef Jaynee
I love this recipe and have used it for years. My grandmother used to make it at Christmas time. I use this as a CORE Weight Watcher Recipe, but it is also a very low points Flex recipe.
- 2 lbs mussels, uncooked
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 6 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat pasta, uncooked (I like spaghetti)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by boiling the water for the pasta.
- As soon as you put the water on to boil, clean mussels under cold water, removing all beards.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil until translucent.
- When translucent, add the wine and bring to a boil.
- By this time the water for the pasta will be ready, so just add the pasta to the water.
- When the wine comes to a boil, lower the heat to a smimmer, add the mussels and cover. Cook about 10 minutes until the shells open.
- Drain the pasta and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour the mussels and the juice over the pasta.
- Garnish with parsley.