Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
One of my OLD recipe cards-I write differently now! I copied this from somewhere but my script is different and I had it all these years and never made it!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mussels, about 2 quarts, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped, divided
- fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Heat butter in a deep pot and add onion, shallots and garlic; cook until wilted.
- Add the mussels, half the parsley and the wine; cover and cook about 5-7 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Serve in soup bowls sprinkled with the remaining parsley.