Recipe by Kizzikate
A quick, delicious way to serve mussels! Be sure to discard any mussels that don't open when cooked.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook and stir 1 minute. Add wine; simmer.
- 3 minutes. Add tomatos, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute.
- Add mussels. Stir to combine. Cover skillet, cook 4 minutes, just until shells open.
- Immediately stir in arugula and serve.