Mussels in Tarragon Tomato Broth
- Chop onion and celery and saute in olive oil over medium heat.
- Mince garlic and add to celery and onions. Continue to cook until onions are clear, stirring to keep the garlic from burning.
- Deglaze the pan with with white wine. Simmer until the wine is reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and all herbs and spices. Bring to a boil, and allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes. Salt to taste.
- While the broth simmers, clean mussels well under cold water to remove any sand and grit.
- Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Over medium heat, add mussels to boiling broth. Cover for 2 - 3 minutes, until all mussels are opened.
- Serve with crusty bread.