Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy one from a supermarket card.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs mussels, live, cleaned and rinsed
- Pour juice from tomatoes into a bowl; chop tomatoes, do not puree.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the bowl and set aside.
- In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion and garlic.
- Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add mussels; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Shake pot to ensure even cooking.
- When mussels have opened, they are done.
- Discard any that haven't opened.