Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is spicy, spicy, spicy...it can be toned down by using a milder chili powder. Make sure you have some nice fresh bread to dip in the broth.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 (2 lb) bag mussels
- 1 tablespoon ground dried chipotle powder
- 1 cup canned reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and onion 2 minutes, stirring frequently so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the chili powder;cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mussels and all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook until mussels open, about 5 minute (Discard any that don't open).
- Serve in shallow bowls with the broth.