Recipe by aimee.reilly64
Rachael Ray Recipe: Simple, delish and ready in less than 10 minutes, this recipe should be made first in any menu so you and yours can enjoy mouthfuls of mussels while you cook.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 garlic cloves, cracked away from skin and crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 dozen mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 6 ounces dark Mexican beer, such as Modelo Negro
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet with a cover pre-heated over medium-high heat, add oil, garlic, onion and jalapeño. Season with salt and sauté for two minutes.
- Arrange mussels in the pan. Pour in beer and tomatoes and shake the pan to combine. Cover pan and cook three minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat and spoon sauce down into shells.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro. Serve immediately from the pan.