Recipe by Norelllaura1
I first got this recipe a couple of years ago from my son's school cookbook project. It's been a cheap and filling meal that always makes splash with friends and family.
Top Review by Oolala
I was about to input a similar recipe but I will just add that my recipe has 1/2 tsp. salt that goes in with the garlic and my recipe calls for 4 lbs. mussels and serves 4-6. I can eat a lot of these! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs mussels, debearded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large heavy-bottomed pot combine the garlic, parsley and olive oil over medium-high heat and sautee until garlic is almost brown.
- Add water and mussels, cover and steam until mussels open.
- Remove mussels and add cornstarch to thicken broth.
- Replace mussels in sauce.
- Serve over fettucine noodles with fresh parm.
- cheese and garlic bread.