Recipe by Tisme
This is a very quick and simple recipe for Mussels. I am not a seafood eater myself but the family do enjoy these.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used a kilo of mussels and had a pig out session as the DH doesn't care much for them but ate and few and reconed they weren't bad though a bit salty though I didn't add extra salt but did use salted butter. We ate them straight of the griller/broiler. Thank you Tisme for a great lunch, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.
- 125 g butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 dozen mussels, washed & beards removed
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter with the garlic and parsley in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the mussels in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients, bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Detach the lid from the base and place the mussels still sitting in their shells on a baking sheet.
- Dot generously with the garlic butter and grill until the butter has melted.
- Serve the mussles on their own or in the wine broth.