Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great summer seafood dish.
- 118.29 ml jasmine rice
- 1 kg small black mussels
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml green curry paste
- 354.88 ml water
- 354.88 ml fish stock
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 395.10 ml coconut milk
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 green onions (shallots)
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- Cook rice in a large saucepan, uncovered until tender; drain. cover to keep warm.
- Scrub mussels, remove beard.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; cook paste, stirring until fragrant.
- Add water, stock, fish sauce and sugar; bring to boil.
- Add coconut milk, return to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for one minute.
- Add mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes. remove from heat stir in coriander, onions and lime juice.
- Divide rice and top with mussels (disregarding any unopened shells).