Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great summer seafood dish.
Make and share this Mussels in Fragrant Thai Broth recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup jasmine rice
- 1 kg small black mussels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fish stock
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 green onions (shallots)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook rice in a large saucepan, uncovered until tender; drain. cover to keep warm.
- Scrub mussels, remove beard.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; cook paste, stirring until fragrant.
- Add water, stock, fish sauce and sugar; bring to boil.
- Add coconut milk, return to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for one minute.
- Add mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes. remove from heat stir in coriander, onions and lime juice.
- Divide rice and top with mussels (disregarding any unopened shells).