1/1 Photo of Mussels in Chickpea and Cumin Batter
If you can't find chickpea flour you can use normal flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the chickpea flour, cumin and salt in medium bowl.
- 2Add the egg white and water and whisk with a fork until smooth.
- 3Remove the mussels from the shells.
- 4Reserve the shells.
- 5Pat the mussels dry with paper towel, place in a bowl.
- 6Add a little extra chickpea flour to lightly coat.
- 7Add enough oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 5cm.
- 8Heat over high heat (when oil is ready, a cube of bread will turn golden brown in 15 seconds).
- 9Dip 1 mussel at a time in the batter.
- 10Deep-fry mussels, in 1 batch, for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 11Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mussels to the reserved shells.
- 12Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels in Chickpea and Cumin Batter
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.9 g