Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
How about putting a little mussel in your appetizer? hehe
- 1 lb fresh mussels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Clean mussels thoroughly, and steam in a covered pot for about 5 minutes, or until they open.
- Drain water, and discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Remove the upper shell, leaving the mussel attached to the bottom shell.
- Carefully place mussels on an oven proof plate, taking care to place them in such a way that they don't tip.
- Heat broiler to 500º.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, oil, parmesan, parsley, garlic and pepper.
- Using a spoon, put a little bit of the cheese mixture on each of the mussles.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or until the mussels have browned a bit.
- Serve hot with crusty french bread.
This was so easy to make and very tasty. I used frozen mussels, so it was even faster. I broiled the mussels for about 5 minutes to let the cheese melt. And I served them with hot sauce to add some more zing.