Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a pasta with Mussels recipe that we enjoy: Other seafood may be added-shrimp, crab, lobster, white fish etc:
- 2 dozen mussels
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lb boneless white fish (I use snapper,sole or whatever looks the freshest)
- 1 ( ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- Scrub the mussels under running cold water making sure they are closed tight and remove the beards.
- In a large pot over high heat bring to a boil about 1" of water.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the mussels-cover and cook until the shells open about 5 minutes.
- Discard any that do not open.
- Discard the top shell from each mussel; rinse the mussel in the broth left in the pot to remove any left over s and.
- Let broth stand awhile to let the sand settle in the bottom of the pot. Pour 3/4 cup of the broth into a measuring cup and discard any remaining broth being careful not to pour any sand into the cup.
- In a large skillet over med.
- heat, heat the oil and Saute onions, green pepper and garlic until tender but not brown.
- Prepare the pasta as directed on the package. Cut the fish into 1" chunks.
- Into the onion mixture, add toma toes with the liquid from the can, all remaining ingredients, except mussels- the fish and mussel broth.
- (If you are adding more seafood add it now). Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil-when this comes to a boil, reduce heat to low-cover and simmer 5-7 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Add the mussels on the half shell and heated through.
- To serve, put the pasta onto plates or a large platter, spoon the fish/mussel mixture over and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
The sauce is the winner in this. I would make this for a dinner party as well, the portions are generous.
Excellent Recipe - I used 2 fresh tomatoes chopped instead of canned tomatoes + 1/4 cup water and it turned out very well. Will make again!