Here is a pasta with Mussels recipe that we enjoy: Other seafood may be added-shrimp, crab, lobster, white fish etc:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 dozen mussels
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lb boneless white fish (I use snapper,sole or whatever looks the freshest)
- 1 ( ounce) can tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1Scrub the mussels under running cold water making sure they are closed tight and remove the beards.
- 2In a large pot over high heat bring to a boil about 1" of water.
- 3Reduce the heat to low and add the mussels-cover and cook until the shells open about 5 minutes.
- 4Discard any that do not open.
- 5Discard the top shell from each mussel; rinse the mussel in the broth left in the pot to remove any left over s and.
- 6Let broth stand awhile to let the sand settle in the bottom of the pot. Pour 3/4 cup of the broth into a measuring cup and discard any remaining broth being careful not to pour any sand into the cup.
- 7In a large skillet over med.
- 8heat, heat the oil and Saute onions, green pepper and garlic until tender but not brown.
- 9Prepare the pasta as directed on the package. Cut the fish into 1" chunks.
- 10Into the onion mixture, add toma toes with the liquid from the can, all remaining ingredients, except mussels- the fish and mussel broth.
- 11(If you are adding more seafood add it now). Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil-when this comes to a boil, reduce heat to low-cover and simmer 5-7 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- 12Add the mussels on the half shell and heated through.
- 13To serve, put the pasta onto plates or a large platter, spoon the fish/mussel mixture over and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels Fra Diavolo
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 1343.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 43.3 g