1/6 Photos of Mussels, Clams and Shrimp in Spicy Broth
I found this recipe by Giada De Laurentiis on foodtv.com. I have never made mussels or clams and I was delighted with the results. Do not omit the basil, I think it adds a lot to this recipe and make sure you have the warm, crusty bread to dip in the broth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 24 small littleneck clams, scrubbed (about 2 1/2 lbs total)
- 24 mussels, debearded (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 20 large shrimp, peeled,deveined & butterflied (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- warm crusty bread
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic,bay leaf and crushed red pepper.
- 3Saute until garlic is tender (1 min).
- 4Add wine and bring to a boil.
- 5Add tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down and flavors blend (5 min).
- 6Turn up to medium and cook until sauce is good and warm.
- 7Add clams, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in mussels, cover and cook until clams and mussels open, about 5 mins or so.
- 9When clams and mussels are almost all opened throw in the shrimp.
- 10Cover and cook about 1 1/2 min or until shrimp is done.
- 11Stir in torn basil leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels, Clams and Shrimp in Spicy Broth
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 521.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 17.1 g