1/2 Photos of Mussels au Vin
This was in this mornings newspaper, I haven't tried it yet but it sure looks scrumptious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub mussels under running water and remove any beards.
- 2Discard mussels which remain open during handling.
- 3In a large saucepan combine olive oil, red pepper, garlic, shallots and pancetta.
- 4Cook over low heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- 5Increase heat to high and add wine and mussels.
- 6Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 7With a slotted spoon remove mussels as they open and place on a warm serving dish; discard any mussels that remain closed.
- 8Immediately add cream and parsley to the broth and simmer to reduce slightly.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Pour hot broth over mussels in serving dish.
- 11Dress with chopped parsley.
- 12Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- 13Source: International Olive Oil Council.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mussels au Vin
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 827.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: