Recipe by susie cooks
This is wonderful!! Serve with a loaf of crusty french bread. Recipe from Jamie Oliver.
Top Review by BeachTia
This dish has become a new family tradition. Made every Christmas Eve for the last 7 years and enjoyed by ALL! Quick, no fuss and delicious meal. Crusty Bread is a must. Great with a fresh salad!
- 3 medium leeks, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces white wine
- 1⁄4 pint heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large pan.
- Saute leeks and garlic until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and turn up heat, for about 1 minute, until alcohol smell disappears.
- Add cream and bring back to a boil.
- Add mussels.
- Cover and cook until all mussels have opened.
- Discard any mussels that remain closed.
- Serve in a large bowl with crusty bread.